Only the compensation a travel nurse earned from an assignment in the worksite state should be subject to tax in the worksite state. However, generally all income you earn (including out-of-state compensation) will be subject to tax in your home state. Your home state will generally provide you a full or partial credit for the taxes paid to the worksite state(s). The credit process on your home state tax return should partially or fully eliminate the double tax, except to the extent the worksite state has a higher tax rate than your home state.