Travel nurses will generally be required to file a state income tax return for the worksite state if it has a personal income tax. Assuming you are claiming an appropriate amount of exemptions on Form W-4, the required withholding on your compensation should approximate the return liability so that any payment or refund due on the return should be minimal. Alaska, Florida, Nevada, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming do not have an income tax on personal services (wages).